About the Photographer
- Born in New York City 1958.
- Mostly self-taught. Coursework: Long Island University, UCLA, Parsons School of Design Los Angeles
- Sipa Press photographer 1984-88 (Los Angeles) (Highlight: TIME Sept. 85)
- His distinctive photographic style is defined by his attention to detail, composition, and simplicity. When shooting on the street, he is mostly drawn to people and the surrounding architecture, photographing their moods, emotions and behaviors, and how we interact with each other and the surrounding environment.
- View John's profile on The Arts Council for Long Beach.
John Jude Sullivan lives in California. He has one son, Sam.
He still teaches and takes photographs whenever he can.